Sunday, 18 April 2010

Baking for pleasure

I've been busy baking this weekend. I do take a lot of pleasure out of baking, and have a repertoire of about 5 recipes I make fairly regularly. If I question my motivation, I'd like to say it is because I want my children to eat healthier treats, that are lower in fat/sugar/additives than the shop bought equivalents. This is of course true, but also from a selfish point of view, I am quite greedy and you just can't beat that fresh out of the oven, with a good cup of coffee taste.
I made a tray of cinnamon buns this weekend. I got the recipe from the cookery book 'Falling Cloudberries' by Tessa Kiros. They are a little bit of a faff, or should I say, they take a bit of pre-planning, making and letting the dough rise, but they are delicious, and as you can see didn't last long. Great for the kids to take to school as a mid-morning snack (my two boys have to take into school their own break time snack every day) or for breakfast.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, your buns(?)look delicious. I used to love baking when the children were young, especially when the weather started to cool down. There is nothing nicer than the smell of fresh baking in a snug home on a cold day. Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god these look so fine! Nice to see your lovely blog, it looks fab, pics beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes! I'm glad I found your article today. I recommend it to everyone .. Thank you for your work!

    friv 2


    a10 games

    y8

    ReplyDelete