Friday, 21 May 2010

8 years ago today...

..This wee lad was born and my life as a mother began..

Today we've been celebrating my eldest sons 8th birthday -We had a few of his friends round for a 'World Cup' football party and a BBQ after school.

It all went well, and felt like quite a relaxed event - I have to admit to usually finding children's birthday parties quite stressful. I think as parents we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to make it a perfect day, but things don't always go to plan. The day did start rather too early (4:40am!) and by the end of the day we had a very tired little boy on our hands, but now I am sitting down with a glass of wine in hand, kitchen tidied, and looking at the photos of his special day, all the hard work seems worth it just to see his happy little face.

Thank you to Pixie Peg Jill, for the beautiful felt garland, this will become a firm birthday favourite in our house from now on.

So, tonight I will enjoy some of peace and allow myself a few days recovery before the onslaught of my June baby's birthday...

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fun day. Though I have to say the 4.30 start would be a bit daunting for me! Kim :)

    ReplyDelete