Thursday, 13 May 2010

Easy Crochet Collar

I wish I was better at 'accessorising' - I'm not good with jewellery, often finding necklaces to be too long or too fussy. Scarfs are a different matter, I love the fact you can tie one on quickly and forget about it for the rest of the day and satisfyingly there are hundreds of crochet patterns out there for whipping up a scarf in a night. However, with it supposedly being Spring now, I was looking for a lighter alternative - enter the crochet collar!!

I found this pattern via Ravelry on The Ongoing Projects lovely blog, and using some grass green coloured bamboo tape I managed to complete the collar in around an hour. I added a vintage gold button for a bit of bling, and have been happily wearing my new green collar today....I'm thinking that the possibilities could be endless with the quick little project..

8 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea, love this! With a little variation it could be worn with the clasp at the back and a loose point shape at front? Love it - heaps of scope here right enough! Well done you - lovely weight and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. My mother made some for my youngest daughter when she was small, but I've never seen a pattern for an adult. Thank you. Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am trying to find this pattern, but the blog is not up anymore...can you post it for me?!?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having the same problem as Anonymous above. Do you still have the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caroline/Anonymous - sorry I do not have a copy of the pattern, as I used the link direct to the other blog from ravelry - I will take another look at the finished item and try to remember how I made it, I will then see if I can write a pattern for you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so gorgeous! Wish i can find the pattern.

    ReplyDelete