Saturday, 19 June 2010

Summer Flower Garland

I sat down last night, blissfully alone - eldest son and husband were off at Cub Camp and my littlest sound asleep after a day of birthday merriment. With my G&T in hand and 'The Darjeeling Limited' on the telly, I wanted a quick crochet fix, perhaps something pretty for the caravan? Last Christmas I made a lot of these Heart garlands, the beauty of them being not only were they quick and easy to make, but were done in one piece, so no stitching or assembling afterwards.

So based on that idea I tried out a floral garland using some chunky felting wool I had left over in my wool stash. Any kind would do, just bear in mind the chunkier the wool the bigger the flower.

Here's the pattern I made up:-

Ch 25

SS into 5th chain from hook to make a loop

12 DC into loop
ss into top of first DC to join

Chain 7
ss into 2nd DC to form first petal
chain another 7, miss 1 dc and ss into next...
continue with this until you have 6 petals in total
ch 25 and make another flower on the chain as described above.
Finish off by chaining 25

Let me know if you have any problems with the pattern..

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is really gorgeous! I found your blog on Flickr. Really nice! If you like: I have a blog post right now in which you can add a link to (for instance) your blog or Flickr-album. It's really easy and great fun. I would be delighted if you would add something.
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOhhh. Yummy yummy. They will be perfect for my daughter's bedroom. We are planning to give it a make over during her holiday from college, which starts next week. Perfect timing. Thank you. Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you so much for posting the lovely picture on my blog. If you like to add something again you're very welcome!
    I have a similar post every Saturday.
    Bye!
    Annemarie
    www.annemariesbreiblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just found my way to your blog and I love it! I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I went to see your profile and I love the Lobster!! He's the best I've seen and I've been crocheting for 55 years! Best of luck with your future designs.
    A fan in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just found your blog. This is really a simple pattern. I think of making a bracelet for my lil one. Hope you wont mind following you. If possible, please drop by my blog too which I recently started. Please do share your thoughts. Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete