Monday, 26 July 2010

The 'Granny Bag'


I managed to squeeze a tiny trip to the charity shop last week and was handsomely rewarded for my efforts - a vintage 100% leather bag.  I have been struggling to find a portable method of transporting my WIP crochet around whilst away on holiday or in the caravan, and I knew immediately I had found my perfect crochet bag.


The inside has a couple of compartments and a zipped section (perfect for storing hooks) and its rigid enough that my work doesn't get lost inside, and you won't believe the price I paid....£2.50!!!

Unfortunately my six year old thought it looked like a 'Granny's' bag - well, obviously a Granny with a lot of style!

6 comments:

  1. looks nice and clean inside too. Cant say I ever see anything like that. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a granny I think your bag is a perfect crochet bag, what better use could there be! Just discoverd your blog through Greedy For Colour. daughter Kate. I love your pivtures and lovely to see glimpses of your part of the world. Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aubrey, thank you so much for your lovely comments - are you a crocheter too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, I can just hear him - sorry I appear to have joined you twice, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorted! Hope you & the chaps are having a lovely summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellooo there B.E.B!! great to see you here! how's the summer going? lots of lie-ins and Knitting I hope!

    ReplyDelete