This sun motif was quick and easy, made up of only 2 rounds and is adding a nice splash of colour, if nothing else to my kitchen
Sun Motif Pattern (US Crochet terms)
1. Chain 8, and ss into first chain to make a ring.
2. 2ch, and then 23dc into ring, ss into 2nd chain to join
3. 8ch, 1sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1dc in the next 4ch.
4. Skip 1st dc from 1st round and 1dc into 2nd dc. *Chain 5, 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, 1dc in each of next 3ch. 1dc in top of dc (below previously made below 5ch) Skip next dc in round and dc into next stitch*
5. Repeat from * to next *
6. Continue around, until you have 11 'rays', ss into 3rd ch to join and chain approx 25 to make a length to hang sun from. Fasten off.