Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Cupcakes and Forward Planning

Busy week here in the Northern Hi-lights household...Adjusting to new school hours and the start of football training,swimming lessons, Beaver Scouts etc.. for the boys.  My crochet classes are going well, I think (you are always your own worst critic!), and a lovely surprise when my parents came to stay for the weekend.  My Dad is a DIY genius, and I enlisted him in solving our lighting problem in the dining section of the kitchen.  The new red pendant lamp is now hanging proudly over the table, and the dark nights which are currently creeping closer to tea time mean it will be in full use very soon.


My new pink dress had an outing on Saturday night to celebrate a friends 40th birthday. I whipped up a batch of cupcakes to take along..

They were quick and satisfying to make in an evening, I made the pattern up as I went along, but can write it down if anyone is interested.  My next crochet focus should be perhaps the charity Christmas fair I have a table at with my mother-in-law in November. I am terrible for last minute rushes, so some forward planning would perhaps be wise - anyone have any links to any Christmassy crochet patterns?  I made these robins for a similar event last year and they sold well, they were easy to make and assemble - did I just mention Christmas in August?

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to try these if you think they're easy enough for a fairly novice crocheter!!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete