Tuesday, 26 October 2010

A Crocheted Halloween...


Looking for some spooky Halloween ideas?  I found this fab skull pattern on Ravelry (Day of the dead - Ravelry download) and hooked one up using white cotton.  I think I might make a few and string them up as a garland.
 
Alternatively, if you are looking for something a bit more sculptural...

I crocheted this skull a while back using cheap parcel string, which I found to be perfect as it was rigid enough to hold the shape of the skull.  This pattern was taken from the book 'Craftivity' by Tsia Carson and the skull pattern was written by Diane Bromberg.  I love her introduction to the pattern:
"Knitting is like building with bricks, and crochet is like building with a fluid erector set - there are no bounds."

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, its hard to find tasteful halloween decs, these are FAB! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I love those!
    (I'm sticking to the "bricks" though...)

    ReplyDelete