Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Birds of a Feather


The last couple of days I have been trying to pull together and finish off all my crochet bits and bobs that I have been making for a craft fair being held this Saturday in aid of Ayrshire Cancer Support (Cathcart Church Hall 2-4pm if anyone is in the area).  I shall be sharing a table with my mother-in-law, Cathy, who has been busy making beautiful knitted arran cushions.  I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself this week, struggling to finish off crochet projects as well as go to work and keep the household ticking along. I'm finding myself to be exhausted by evening, which is usually my main crochet time, so things have been slow.

 
It's my Birthday this coming Friday, I shall be at work all day and then we are packing up the car and driving South to Ayrshire straight after, so no time for any R&R, or so I thought - today a very good friend has surprised me by organising a 'Birthday lunch' during my 1 hour lunch break - I am to be picked up by car, taken to my destination and then returned to school again. I am really touched by the thoughtfulness and kindness of friends, which has bolstered me out of my slump.  Now, moving on from my self indulgent moan...... I have made a clutch of Christmas robins for the sale, they are very cute and jolly, and I am hoping they will sell well (free pattern here)

Also completed a cute little Koala (pattern taken from the book 'Amigurumi Two') last night - this particular toy has taken me forever to get finished, not quite sure why...

Hopefully he'll go to a good home this weekend, but if not, I have at least made an early start on Christmas presents!

6 comments:

  1. Aw I love the koala, its fabulous. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is done so beautifully. Thanks so much for the link. Hope your Birthday is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute birds elaine
    you should get loads made, and come and do a stall at the new barras market, you can stay at mine and we can rake around the weedge
    have a great birthday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are all so cute! And beautifully photographed too, I just love those little robins!
    Have a lovely week XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, those are all great! I'm having a wee Christmas knitting panic - I definitely thought I was further on than I am...

    ReplyDelete