Saturday, 20 November 2010

Chillaxing...

I'm officially having a lazy weekend, something that doesn't happen too often round here I can tell you.. Its been raining for 2 days, and I have to admit I did a little dance for joy when I heard that all Under 9's football training/matches were being cancelled this weekend due to a water logged pitch. So, a long lie today followed by a lazy breakfast and a trip into the 'big town' (Aberdeen.). We went to see then new Harry Potter film - Deathly Hallows, which was great - sad in places, but I won't spoil it for you.!


I am now relaxing at home with a glass of wine, on my NEW leather sofa! Well, new to me anyway - has to be one of my best thrifted items to date- £40 from our local Charity shop and I am loving it.  It has a nicely worn look to it and goes perfectly in our living room.


I'm struggling to get decent photos right now -daylight hours are sparse and for some reason the ISO setting on my little camera is making my photos blurry (any ideas why?) but hopefully the sun will be out on Monday (my day off  work- yippee!) and I can get some nice shots of WIP's.  Hope you are relaxing too this weekend - remember to enter my Robin Giveaway if you haven't already!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Elaine, I found you through Teresa Kastner`s blog - all the way to America and back again! I can`t believe I`ve actually found someone other than me who likes Hendricks Gin! It goes down a treat doesn`t it? I`ve never tried it with cucumber - must rush out tomorrow and buy some! I`ve just finished a couple of those little robins too - I have a couple of Robyns in the family that they`re intended for.I also can`t believe you got that beautiful sofa for £40! Our local charity shop would have put a 1 in front of that price for sure. Great find. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bargain!! I'm impressed with your thrifting skills. By the way is it really wrong of me to just see something phallic instead of budding amaryllis, and wonder why you would take a photo of it stuck in a flower pot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sofa and coffee table and pillows. Methinks you ought to crochet/knit or sew a nice runner for your coffee table to protect it from the glasses. Just kidding, know you likely have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nana Go-Go! great to have a fellow Scot on board, I recently discovered 'Edinburgh Gin' and was so impressed with it I think it will be on my Christmas list this year -have you tried it? Crafty Cripple - phallic indeed! LOL! Now Clara, I actually don't own a runner of any description but that is a fabulous idea! Normally that table it so full of clutter/books/magazines there is nowhere to put a glass! xx

    ReplyDelete