Saturday, 11 December 2010

Ch Ch Chocolate Balls..


Energy levels low, so it's been one of those weeks where I have neglected my blog and achieved very little.  However, I did manage to re-create an old family favourite in the kitchen - Imaginatively titled 'Chocolate balls' - my Mum used to make these when we were young, and I thought they were the tastiest thing EVER, still are it seems, and judging from the streaks of tell-tale cocoa around his mouth, my youngest has followed in my footsteps of  'chocolate ball thief'. These little babies are very easy to make, and look quite impressive when rolled in cocoa or coconut and popped into a pretty case..

Mag's Chocolate balls

(I wasn't working from an exact recipe, so all measurements are approx.)

1 packet of Digestives
1 tin of condensed milk
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (plus more for rolling in)
Desiccated coconut (optional)

Place digestives in a bag and crush.

Add cocoa powder to crushed biscuits and mix

Add tin of condensed milk to biscuity mixture and mix together with hands- mixture should be a bit sticky, but not too wet (add more cocoa powder or biscuits if this is the case)

Shape into walnut sized balls and roll in either cocoa powder or coconut

 Yum!

We're putting our Christmas tree up today, and  have also been invited to 2 Christmas parties this evening.  No doubt I will be having a major clothes crisis later on, but also feeling slightly wary as children are complaining of various aches and pains this morning, which will likely put spanner in the works for said evening plans...

4 comments:

  1. As if we need more snowballs!!! that goodness they're the sort you can eat along we the choc variety....maybe an addition of someting a little potent could make them an adult version!!!
    Hope you get to the parties! cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. might have a go at making these myself, used to love them. Bet they didnt last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this receipe, I will try it. merry christmas. hugs

    ReplyDelete