Monday, 20 December 2010

December Birthdays...


....we've got a couple in our family - My little sis Laura who lives in Canada and my Mum who lives in NE England, so I have to be organised to get things posted early enough to beat the Christmas rush.  Laura was easy this year (thank you Amazon!) but I wanted to crochet mum something special, so most of my December crocheting has been taken up making this:-

This is the 4th time I have made this cardigan, I love the pattern, it's a top down style, which means no seams, and surprisingly uses very little yarn.  I crocheted this particular cardi using Bamboo tape, which was particularly pleasing to work with, resulting in a nice heavy drapey finished item.  It's always tricky making something for somebody else, especially clothing, but I always go with the idea -'if I would wear it...' and actually, this cardigan would fit perfectly into my everyday wardrobe.



I have to admit I was close to the wire finishing this present, I ran out of time to sew on buttons, so added a brooch instead. Not sure it looks 100% right, but Mum can always change it if she likes.

Managed most of my grocery shopping today (yeah!!) - have ordered my duck breasts from our local butcher, AND have actually managed to post some Christmas cards! Last day of school/work tomorrow - I am soooooo looking forward to slobbing out in pajamas on Wednesday morning...♥♥

5 comments:

  1. Lucky Mum! I love the colour too. Well done on managing your grocery shopping. Mine arrived tonight - God Bless that delivery man, I felt so sorry for him! It is and has been Artic here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty this cardigan is and you've given us the pattern! It is just wonderful and I bet your Mum will love it. My daughter's birthday is on the 23rd! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a stunner, really hope yourmum enjoys this xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cardy is one of my favourite and most versatile items of clothing ....it looks good with almost everything. Luv mine.xx

    ReplyDelete