Friday, 31 December 2010

Goodbye 2010...Review of the year...Crochet

Crochet has played a big part in my life this year.  It has taken over as my main hobby and obsession and I would be completely lost without my set of hooks and a ball of wool.  Looking at the projects above, on reflection it does look like I have jumped from one thing to another as a whim has struck me, and I wish I had a bit more consistency for a 'bigger' or more focused project.  But I guess that's me in a nutshell -always keen to try new things but then easily distracted by something else. I have gained a great deal from spreading the crochet word this year, both through my blog and the local classes  I have been teaching - a few sketchy plans for 2011 would be to continue with a few more classes and perhaps set up an Etsy shop selling a few bits and bobs, although saying that, I'm not sure what my focus would be regarding Etsy - sometimes I feel the crochet market is already well and truly covered with lovely things.

One things for sure 2011 is going to be another year of crochet for me.

**Hogmanay/New Years day plans cancelled here, due to oldest bear now being the latest one to come down with this flu thing  - looks like its going to be a quiet one tonight, oh well, there's always my crochet and a large glass of wine!!**

4 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely amigurumi! Happy Hogmanay, Elaine, and hope your eldest gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed your blog this year & look forward to reading about your future exploits. I'm pleased that I've started painting again these holidays - the knitting has taken its toll on that side of things & I hadn't realised how much I missed it. Hope everyone's better soon & all the best to you all for 2011! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about trying new creations out, sometimes I can get very distracted, and not finish something. I really think it would be lovely to see you having an etsy shop, how about putting your stuff on 'from britain with love, MISI, or folsky? They don't seem to be saturated with crochet. Anyway, thank you for supporting me and the (birth of) my blog- happy new year. Jo x

    ReplyDelete