Sunday, 19 December 2010

She's Making a list...

Most of the organised people I know are 'list makers'..I am not a list maker and also not a particularly organised person either.  However, as we are hosting Christmas this year and I want to keep stress to a minimum, today I did some menu planning and wrote a food shopping list of epic proportions.  I'm pretty sure I have missed a lot of things off and I'm also faced with the problem of the snow again - the local roads are atrocious and I can't see me driving anywhere unless conditions improve. I was in our local supermarket last week looking for duck breasts for Christmas day and apparently they don't sell duck, might have to have a back up plan.  We aren't doing the turkey and trimmings this year,  but I have a delicious meal planned nevertheless. I'm pretty sure the schools will be closed again tomorrow due to the snow, so last minute Christmas stocking shopping for the boys is now out the window. I'm getting there though, and the lists are helping - how is your last minute planning going?

5 comments:

  1. Am at Defcon 4 at the minute and rising steadily!Snow stopping any progress, coupled with feeling dead guilty about being stuck indoors when I should be up and at `em. How you managing up there? Groceries being delivered tomorrow, fingers crossed. Defrosting freezer as we speak to fit it all in. Apart from that......Aaaaaaahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who am I kidding Nana G0-Go? If I was really organised I should have had my Sainsburys order ready for delivery tomorrow too! Not that the van would make it out here with the snow! more alcohol needed i fear.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine, Thanks for your comment on my post. The snowflake cutters came from a Hobbycraft shop in their sugarcraft section. They came in a set of three, but if you use Ebay, you can find them on there and they can be found being sold in the sets or individually. Hope this helps! Happy Christmas! Best wishes Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. bet a butchers in Banchory would have duck breasts. Yes I have a list but in my head at the minute....Think its fair to say that the female of the species organize xmas. Its hard to enjoy it when theres so much to think about. Hope you get to the shops Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that Vanessa - might have left it a bit late for this year, oh well theres always next Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete