Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Cardi Update

This is where I am with my Chicago swing cardi - body finished, just the collar, button band and arms to add.  This pattern has been great so far, really easy to follow and at this point I have used less than 1 ball of 100g wool! 

Every second row I have worked a cluster stitch :-
Yarn over, insert hook in indicated stitch and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook (2 loops on hook), [yarn over, insert hook in same stitch and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook (1 additional loop on hook)] twice, yarn over and draw through all 4 loops on hook.

I like the textured effect it gives, and once you get into the swing of it, it's a quick stitch to make.  Just thinking about buttons right now, which in my opinion can make or break a garment!  leaning towards large black flowers - any thoughts?


So, if you fancy trying your hand at making a cardigan, I recommend giving this one a go ♥

7 comments:

  1. Wow! So much cardi for so little wool - think I`ll give it a bash - will make a nice change from granny squares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Elaine

    LOVE the cardi :D great colour!
    I LOVE your header too...it looks familiar LOL!
    that's my view fir trees/birch and snow for 6 momnths of the year...but I LOVE that too!
    Seriously the header is beautiful, the muted colours...is it out of a book like
    'THE MOOMINS'?
    LOVE PEACE enJOY your week
    Kram
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. cardi going well...like your new banner...v.tasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new header and your cardigan. The texture in the stitch is lovely.

    I get my rowan cotton from John Lewis (rummaging through the bargain bin often turns up a ball or two), ebay can be quite good especially for discontinued colours and McADirect has a good range of colours and free postage over £10. Here's a link...

    http://www.mcadirect.com/shop/rowan-handknit-cotton-dk-p-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just been browsing ebay and there are some great mixed bags of rowan cotton (search for "rowan handknit cotton") coming up over the next few days. Is generally £3.95 per ball, so you may get a bargain. I am so tempted myself...

    ReplyDelete