Sunday, 24 April 2011

Eggs and Cotton



A great weekend, filled to the brim with family time, chocolate and sporting events...

I sneaked in a bit of wool shopping at the end of last week - the lovely ladies in the Art department at the school I worked in surprised me a few weeks ago by presenting me with some gift vouchers for a gorgeous wool shop in Aberdeen (Wool for Ewe).  I have been teaching them how to crochet for a few months now on Friday lunch times, it's been great fun and these very creative and talented ladies have taken to crocheting like ducks to water.  Last Thursday I finally made it into Aberdeen, child free with a bit of time on my hands to browse.  To be honest, I was completely overwhelmed by the choice and ended up spending half of my vouchers on the most gorgeous cotton yarn I have ever seen.  I will have to return for a longer look some other time, but in the mean time I am more than happy with my selection. 

 I have started making this place mat from the Lacy Crochet book, and so far the soft smoothness of the cotton has been a pleasure to work with.

I love 3 day weekends and I'm still feeling in holiday mode this evening, even sneaking in a G&T - roll on the next long weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love the colours you picked, have a lovely evening :) :) :)
    Jane x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors too instead of muted, earthy tones, not that they are not pretty, but I just love the bright colors to work with better, probably because they're also easier for me to see.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love shopping for new wool (nothing like it) a beautiful creation too Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lady crochet book sounds a bit dodgy E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that gorgeous cotton, those colours re really beautiful. Nothing nicer than a voucher to spend in a yarn shop :0) Roll on thursday after work! Enjoy xox

    ReplyDelete