Tuesday, 24 May 2011

the beginning.....


Thank you for all your encouragement regarding my new adventures in printmaking - and now I'd better come up with the goods so as not to disappoint! To get the ball rolling I think I'm going to start with some basic lino cutting. I was delighted to be able to borrow some equipment from work, and I will begin with a few sketches and try to produce a simple stamp. A quick search through Flickr provided some great inspiration.

Flickr - Memi the Rainbow
Flickr - Memi the Rainbow
Flickr - Girls are Crying

Flickr - Girls are Crying

Really though, there is too much 'out there' to inspire and I usually end up spending all my time looking at Flickr etc..what I need to do now is switch off the laptop and focus!!!

5 comments:

  1. So looking froward to seeing the progress on this. Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't spell as I have just finished work and I am having that well deserved glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. was just flicking through (on way to bed) and thought for one (amazed) minute that you had made these!
    Good inspiration finding...which is what I'm telling myself I do every time I browse through Etsy!
    fee x
    (glad you feel the preassure!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very exciting...I recall doing lino cutting at school. Very satisfying I seem to remember! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just bought a book called print workshop, by the people who run yellow owl workshop (who's ace stamps i brought home from NYC). great for inspiration

    ReplyDelete