Saturday, 28 May 2011

The Joy of baking


It's just me and the boys this weekend - Daddy NH-L's has gone off to the Mull of Kintyre to run a half marathon (as you do). Everyone's tired, so without Dad here to drag us out on walks/bike rides etc.. we're having a lazyish weekend (i.e me lying horizontal reading my book whilst the boys play/argue football in the back garden) I did get up at one point to bake some biscuits (read, no food in the cupboard desperation baking) 
Have you discovered Joy the Bakers blog? Here is a woman obsessed with peanut butter and chocolate, which suits me fine - she is also very funny and posts some great recipes (pictured above are Joy's Chocolate ginger biscuits - recipe here)
Hope you are having a great weekend

3 comments:

  1. So far, my weekend has been fabulous. Sounds like you are enjoying yourselves indulging in scrummy looking biscuits. My kind of weekend joy for sure xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favourite combinations, I'm going straight to that blog, and straight to my panrty!!
    Thanks for that
    Hope you enjoy the lazy weekend, sounds perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am off to visit Joy of Bakers now!! Those biscuits look yummy

    ReplyDelete