Monday, 2 May 2011

May Day Weekend


Just back from a perfect weekend away with friends at the beach.  We headed North in the caravan to Sandend near Portsoy (North East coast of Scotland) and have had the most fantastic time .


A boy heavy weekend, with not a girl in sight (except the mums) meant lots of non-stop action..


I did managed to sneak in a bit of reading and a tiny bit of crochet on the journey home (finished my square doily!)


Not sure if my beloved Kindle is particularly beach compatible as there is now sand in every crevice!

On Sunday we visited the pretty harbour town of Cullen (of Cullen Skink fame) for fish and chips and a mooch around...




This morning before we left for home, I picked up some smoked haddock from the local smokery

We have been so lucky with the sunny weather and are starting May windswept and every so slightly sun kissed...

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a great weekend - love the pic of all the boys together having fun :)

    Am also windswept & sunkissed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Elaine, the scenery is stunning. I am so jealous. Did you get much reading done?

    The boys look in their element, and I would have scooped up all that brick-a-brack on that stall.

    We have all been blessed with such incredible weather- long may it last.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful and sun-kissed. Let's hope the sunny weather continues - we're due to visit Scotland in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely Elaine...I have kindle envy, beach envy, cullen skink envy...as for boys? got plenty of my own!
    How lucky are we? loving the sunshine!
    have a good week (my boys only in for 2 days - again!)
    fee ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty Elaine, love that old bicycle and the idea of smoked haddock makes me drool somewhat...yum! What a wonderful May we are having so far xox

    ReplyDelete