Friday, 12 August 2011

The Popcorn Bracelet ♥Pattern♥

Finally a pattern for you have a go at making these fun bracelets - so quick to make you'll want one for every outfit!

Popcorn Bracelet (written using US crochet terms)

You will need


♥Yarn of your choice, for this example I used bamboo tape
♥Button for the closure on the bracelet
♥Size 4mm and 3.5mm hooks (adjust if you are using slightly thinner yarn, such as DK)

Step 1
Using the larger hook, crochet a length of chains long enough to wrap around your wrist (remember the yarn will stretch slightly - I made approximately 28chains)


Step 2
Now swap to the smaller hook and single crochet into the second chain from the hook, and then SC into each chain across


Step 3
Turn your work: Row 2 - (this is going to consist of SC stitches and Popcorn stitches)
Chain 1 and Sc into first stitch in row, now work a popcorn stitch into the second stitch.
Note: to make a popcorn stitch:- work  5 Double Crochet stitches into the second stitch , drop the loop from  your hook and  insert hook from back to front in the top of the first dc of group (see below)


... pull dropped loop through stitch (a slip stitch really) (for further clarification see this Link for instructions)
continue the pattern of SC, Popcorn, SC, Popcorn.etc..across entire row, your bracelet should now look like this:-

Step 4
Turn your bracelet, you are now ready to work the 3rd and final row.
row 3:- ch 1 and SC into each stitch across row (working into the top Slip Stitch of each Popcorn stitch and each Single Crochet from previous row)

Step 5
At the end of row 3 you now need to make a loop for your button to go through.  Chain 4 (or more or less depending on the size of your button) and join to make a loop using a slip stitch (see below)

Fasten off, and weave in any loose ends

Step 6
Sew your button onto the other end of the bracelet

....and there you have it!


Make some more in different colours and stack to your hearts content!!


Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on any of the steps - Elaine x

22 comments:

  1. I Love your new header, it's adorable!!!!
    and those bracelets are crazy cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on pin through this post. Now following you with Feeddler. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this- such a great idea.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine, I love your new banner- so cool.
    Thank you for sharing this pattern with us all. I was hoping you would do one. I think they will make really lovely gifts, and I see myself whipping up a few for Christmas pressies also. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks easy enough, even for me. Have bookmarked to try later on. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Linking up at Tangled Happy next week. Thank for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog via Tangled Happy.
    Love this idea and going to try it soon!
    You have a new follower in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Love the grey one!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you via Tangled Happy. This is such a great idea, I'll be using it soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love that idea! I will have to make one:) Thanks to *Tangled Happy for advertising them on her blog!
    xx
    *http://tangledhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't made any yet. But I was thinking these would make great Christmas gifts. I do love them. Thanks so much for letting me share them. Seems lots of people at Tangled Happy loved them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are wicked. Thanks for sharing the pattern! I am well into my 'bobbles/popcorns' at the moment. I have just finished a mammoth bobble blanket for my little boy (due in Dec), if you want to check it out its on my blog http://sharkyknows-charles.blogspot.com/
    Love the buttons on your bracelets too! Will definitely become a follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello theses are lovely...in fact I may scoot off and try my hand now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These bracelets are absolutely amazing! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elaine,
    These are so cute! Can't wait to make one. :)
    I do have a question: do I use the same size crochet hook throughout the pattern? Wasn't sure why I needed the 2 different sizes listed in the pattern. Thank you! Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Alison - thanks for visiting and thanks for your query! Checking the pattern again I see I completly left out the instructions about the hooks! (now amended) the reason you do your foundation chain with the larger hook is to keep it nice and loose (and also flat)and then you swap to the smaller hook for the remainder of the pattern - hope yours turn out ok! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! I just LOVE THIS! It's going on my Pinterest board under...I gotta make this!!!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I came across this pattern just love it! I am the editor of AllFreeCrochet.com and would love to feature your tutorial on my site with full credit to you. I know my readers would love it as well, and in return would generate some nice traffic to your site. If you agree and would like us to feature your project, our readers will simply click the link to your blog to get your full tutorial. It's really that simple. Please let me know if this would be ok. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Jenny
    jbenoit@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've made two and now making my third bracelet with this pattern. It's fantastic! I love the bubbly look of the popcorn stitches and how three-dimensional the whole thing looks. Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice bracelet.wil
    Make one TY

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this pattern. Do you think beads can be added in?

    ReplyDelete