Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Chilly fingers

There's been a definite Autumnal feel to the days this week, with cold mornings and chilly breezes in the air.  My crochet mind is turning to hats and gloves, although according to my Mum - mittens are the new gloves this season!
My Mum is the knitter of the family, knocking out beautiful gifts for the whole family at an impressive rate. Last week my Mum sent me up a lovely pair of woollen mittens, accessorised with cute heart buttons - These will defiantly Cheer me up on frosty mornings.

♥ note ♥ Mitten Pattern taken from 'Fun and Funky Knitting' by Emma King

4 comments:

  1. We all seem to have the `woolly` bug north of the border! I hope it`s not a sign of the awful winter our Government seems to think we`re in for - did you hear they`re issuing instructions on how to cope already?!Think they may know something we don`t!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mittens are ridiculously cute!!!
    We are in spring here, but so far it's been quite cold and blustery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! Those mittens are fab and I love the bangle in your other post.... Oh and I must try that tear and share bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mittens you say? might have to get myself a pair before too long - the weather certainly is a changing. Was keeping everything crossed for an indian summer....foolish I know!
    Hope your lot have all got themselves settled back into achool and you are enjoying the peace?
    happy new week
    fee x

    ReplyDelete