Thursday, 22 September 2011

Homemade Air Freshener


Growing Boys + Sporty Husband = Smelly Trainers, lots and lots of them...Not quite sure how we have managed to reach this point, but all of a sudden my shoe cupboard is full of stinky trainers and football boots.  I found this great idea via Pinterest on 'The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking' on how to make your own air freshener.


It's a beautifully simple idea and works a treat - basically Bicarbonate of Soda and your favourite essential oil mixed up in a jar with holes punched in the lid - shake gently to release extra smelling power.  I used some clove oil - not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it's deep spicy scent and use it in a lot of homemade cleaning products for it's antibacterial qualities- you can usually pick it up for less than a pound in your local chemist.

Cheap and easy to make, I have put one in the shoe cupboard and dotted a few around the house - lovely!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow that's amazing Elaine, thanks for sharing. I think I might just give this one a go! Do tell us if it works, my hubby's shoes are often less than desirable! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!!!
    And I love the deer decoration as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a go at this one...boys and feet uuurrggg ...say no more :)
    x x x x x

    ReplyDelete