Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Nadja Scarf


Don't you just love this time of year - so many crochet projects whizzing round my head: I'm thinking hats, scarves, blankets, Christmas decorations..the list goes on.  I finished this scarf (neck warmer?) at the weekend - I'm quite pleased with it and think I might make a few more in different colours for Christmas presents.


The ruffle around the edging and the tie at the front give a nice nostalgic look (Victorian?) when worn - I think it will look good and feel cosy when worn with a winter jacket.  I purchased the pattern on Ravelry (Nadja scarf )- a first for me, as I usually only search for the free patterns.  I was really impressed with the professional and easy to follow style of the pattern, and look forward to seeing more from this particular designer.


The body of the scarf was made using a 'Granite' stitch -new to me, it produced a nice texture and was easy to work. Wouldn't it be great to actually get ahead with gift making this year?  I think I will get started on Nadja number 2 this evening...

8 comments:

  1. how funny - you don't look anything like I expected!!! (lovely pictures of you)
    yes please to the victorian influence - looking forward to getting better at my crochet - it's stalled a bit for HO HO HO blocks....
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very lovely scarf. It suits you well!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty scarf and the colour so suits you! I`m glad there`s someone else around who is thinking same as me! Every room I go into has wool in it for Xmas projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf is so very romantic. Where did you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hellooo. I didn't see the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love the scarf and it's beautifully modelled too! It's nice when you create something and you like it so much you want it in other colours. I have made 4 scarves recently, same design, different colours. I love this time of year to start thinking about making warm lovelies!

    Have a great day!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweet lady, what a treat to see your beautiful face after all this time :) I adore your latest creation. I hope you and your family are well. I have missed reading your blog these past months. I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete