Monday, 30 January 2012

Cushions


I dusted down my sewing machine yesterday to make some new cushions in preparation for the grey sofa we have ordered from IKEA.  Our new extension is still a work in progress furniture wise but once the sofa arrives in a couple of weeks I think it will start to come together.
The grey fabric in the above photo is from the matching sofa footstool, hence the colour of the new sofa too.  I wanted a contrasting colour for the throw cushions and was pleased to find this bolt of mustard fabric in our local Red Cross Shop for only a couple of pounds.


My sewing skills are pretty basic, so I stuck to a simple pillowcase closure.


hmmm...maybe should have ironed the fabric first...

3 comments:

  1. bold choice of colour, will look nice and cheerful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. those colours look perfect together
    lovely x have a great week x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine,hope you and your brood are well? I have to say that I LOVE the colour combination, and I am a huge fan of yellow and mustard colours. I think you have done really well with making your own cushions, they look so stylish.

    ReplyDelete