Saturday, 21 January 2012

Wholemeal Cheese Scones


A sick child and a husband unexpectantly called into work put pay to my plans for my Saturday morning of thrifting and shopping for wool, so I did some baking instead....
We are big fans of 'The Great British Bake-off' , so the latest 'Sport Relief celebrity Bake-off' last week was a bit of a bonus. On one of the episodes I was impressed with Paul Hollywood's wholemeal scones - they seemed to rise really well given they were made with wholemeal flour, I found the recipe (here) on the BBC website and gave then a go.

Pretty tasty, if maybe a little on the heavy side - they rose well and were promptly eaten...

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to have to make some of these for lunch tomorrow after seeing this. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet had breakfast and can now foresee wholemeal scones in my future

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wholemeal everything tastes much better! They can be just as light as white flour.

    ReplyDelete