Monday, 10 September 2012

Scratching Post..

Little Beau, our rescue cat has settled beautifully into our house and it's hard to believe we have only had her for 6 months.  Aside from the odd live baby bird brought into the master bedroom at 4 in the morning, I am loving being a cat owner and am defiantly well on my may to becoming 'crazy cat lady'.  However, Beau has decided that she'd rather use our sofa/footstool than her strategically placed scratching post to sharpen her claws and this has resulted in the sides of the footstool being shredded....


Not to worry, I have crocheted a nice cover to go along the bottom edge, covering all those unsightly 'pulls'.. I even managed to work my newest, favourite wool colour (neon yellow) into the design....


..and now I'm thinking she might just have done us a favour...!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good! It's a pity it wouldn't work for all the wallpaper our kitten has clawed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need citrus. You can get special spray from pet shops, etc, to put them off places they return to to wee or scratch at........if they are places they ought not to wee or scratch at..........xxx

    ReplyDelete